Last Updated on January 8, 2021 by Alabi M. S.
PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
WEEK 5 | PRIMARY 1
WEEK 6 | PRIMARY 2
THEME – UNDERSTANDING BASIC SIMPLE MACHINE
PREVIOUS LESSON –
TOPIC – BASIC SKILLS OF SWIMMING
1. Introductory Activities
2. Meaning of Swimming
3. Basic Skills in Swimming
4. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. mention basic styles in swimming.
2. demonstrate basic skills in swimming.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Swimming pool
3. Swimming trunk
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
Copy as I write or draw as I write. This instruction should be given when you need the pupils to write or draw.
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTORY ACTIVITIES
Teacher’s Activities – Display chart showing swimming pool for the pupils to identify and discuss its uses.
Pupil’s response – This is swimming pool. It is used for swimming.
Teacher’s remark – Swimming pool is used for swimming for fun and sports. Give a great for quick response.
Ask the pupils to describe swimming. Participate in the description and summary the it on the board.
On board, copy as I write.
MEANING OF SWIMMING
Swimming is the movement using arms and legs to float inside the water.
People swim for sports or fun.
Swimming takes place in swimming pools or open water – in a sea or lake.
BASIC SKILLS FOR BEGINNERS
Swimming skills at this stage are preliminary –
1. Coming in and out of the water.
2. Adjusting to the water.
5. Face down floating
6. Surface dive
LESSON 2 – LESSON EVALUATION AND WEEKLY ASSESSMENT (TEST)
As stated in the performance objectives or lesson evaluation.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Lead pupils to explain what is swimming.
Pupil’s Activities – Follow the teacher’s lead to explain swimming.
3. List and discuss the basic swimming styles.
Pupil’s Activities – Active participation in the class discussion.
4. Summarizes the lesson on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Copy as the teacher writes.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask pupils to –
mention the preliminary skill of swimming.
WORKBOOK – WEEKLY ASSESSMENT (TEST)
ATTEMPT ALL THE QUESTIONS
1. _______________ is movement of the entire body through the water.
2. People swim for _______________.
C. sports and fun.
3. _______________ takes place in swimming pools or open water.
4. Swimming for sports and games take place in _______________.
C. swimming pool
5. Swimming for fun take place in _______________.
A. swimming pool or bathroom
B. swimming pool or outdoor
C. swimming pool or open water