Last Updated on September 12, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
THEME – LISTENING AND SPEAKING
PREVIOUS LESSON – First Term Scheme of Work and Plan Lesson Notes for English Studies (Primary 2)
TOPIC – ANSWERING FACTUAL QUESTIONS FROM SIMPLE PASSAGES, STORIES AND RHYMES READ
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. listen to Passages, Rhymes, stories and
2. answer questions involving the identification of facts and meaning of what they listened to.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Supplementary reader
2. Pupils’ course book
3. Wall chart showing poems or rhymes
4. Flash cards showing the key words.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Choose a suitable passage from any of the following –
1. A simple passage from the course book.
2. A short poem or rhymes.
3. Passage on HIV/AIDS, Drug Abuse, etc. and Identification of Keywords (Primary 2)
4. Recommended Reading Passages for Primary 1 – Primary Primary 6
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Reads the passages to pupils.
Pupil’s Activities – Listen to the teacher.
3. Emphasize the pronunciation of the key words.
Pupil’s Activities – Pronounce the key words.
4. Demonstrates stories/rhymes to pupils.
5. Asks pupils questions on what they have listened to in the passage/stories and rhymes.
Pupil’s Activities –
- Retell the story in the passage.
- Answer questions on what they have heard.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to answer the factual question from what the teacher read to them.