Last Updated on August 19, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
PREVIOUS LESSON – First Term Scheme of Work and Plan Lesson Notes for English Studies (Primary 2)
TOPIC – PASSAGE ON HIV/AIDS AND IDENTIFICATION OF KEYWORDS
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
read class appropriate Passages –
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Selected reading passages on HIV/AIDS and drug abuse.
2. Charts and pictures to the passages.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Oral Comprehension based on
1. Stories built on any topic such as –
2. Stories that will encourage them to tell their own stories in simple English –
- The House that Jack built
As stated in the recommended passages – Recommended Reading Passages for Primary 1 – Primary Primary 6
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Provides sample passages on HIV/AIDS and drug abuse.
3. Reads the passages in class.
Pupil’s Activities – Read the passages in class fluently.
4. Guides pupils to read the passages.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify keywords related to the topic of the passages and find out meanings.
5. Asks questions based on the passages.
Pupil’s Activities – Answer questions based on the passages.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. read the passages fluently.
2. identify key words.
3. say the meaning of key words and
4. answer questions on the passages.