Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUE
THEME – RULES AND REGULATIONS
PREVIOUS LESSON – THE RULES AND REGULATIONS OF PARENTS
TOPIC – REWARDS AND PUNISHMENTS OF THE SCHOOL
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
- demonstrate the reward and punishments of their parents.
- mention when their parents use rewards and punishment on them.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of charts showing rewards and punishments.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
ACTIVITIES 1 – DEMONSTRATE THE REWARDS AND PUNISHMENT OF THEIR PARENTS
ACTIVITIES 2 – MENTION WHEN THEIR PARENTS USE REWARDS AND PUNISHMENT ON THEM
Relate the pupils opinion to rewards and punishment.
ACTIVITIES 3 – DIFFERENT KINDS OF REWARD AND PUNISHMENT
- Rewards are buying of gift, praise, promises, etc.
- Punishment are flogging, deprivation, subjection to tedious work, denial to play with friends, etc.
ACTIVITIES 4 – DRAMA ON REWARDS AND PUNISHMENT
Role play includes –
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Leads the pupils to mention some rewards their parents can present to them.
- Pupil’s Activities – Mention the reward and punishments their parents can give to them. Demonstrate when they can use rewards and punishments.
- Guides the pupils to mention some punishment their parents can give to them.
- Pupil’s Activities – Mention some punishment their parents can give to them and Dramatize rewards and punishments
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- demonstrate the rewards and punishments from parents.
- mention when they can use rewards and punishments for them.