Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUE
THEME – DRUG EDUCATION
PREVIOUS LESSON – SUBSTANCES TAKEN INTO THE BODY
TOPIC – REASONS FOR TAKING SUBSTANCES
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to give reasons for taking substances into the body.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Charts and pictures of the reasons.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
ACTIVITIES – STATE THE REASONS FOR TAKING SUBSTANCES
- Stay alive
- Availability, etc.
Let the pupils state the reason for eating, drinking water or soft drinks, drugs, etc. and note their points on the board.
ACTIVITIES 2 – DRAMA SHOWING REASONS FOR TAKING SUBSTANCES
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Call son the pupils to demonstrate each of the reasons.
- Drama showing the reasons for taking substances into the body.
- Pupil’s Activities – Demonstrate and dramatize the reasons.
- Listen to the teacher’s stories and make comments.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to give reasons for taking substances into the body.