Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – UNDERSTANDING BASIC TECHNOLOGY
PREVIOUS LESSON – Meaning of Energy (Primary 1)
TOPIC – USES OF ENERGY
1. Meaning of Energy
2. Identification of Energy and their uses
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
mention some of the uses of energy.
Batteries, generator, fuel, coal, etc.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
View nature, e.g. sun.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Repeats the activities 2 in week 6 and asks pupils the uses of the following –
5. Sun, etc.
IDENTIFY THE USES OF ENERGY
1. We use energy for lights and appliances.
For example – electrical energy, solar energy, etc.
2. We use energy to heat and cool our homes, schools, and businesses.
3. Energy makes our vehicles go, planes fly, boats sail, and machines run.
For example, mechanical energy and chemical energy.
4. All living things need energy too.
For example, organic and heat energy
5. Plants use the light from the sun to grow.
For example, heat and light energy.
6. We need the sun to dry our clothes, food, etc.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides the pupils to identify the uses of energy.
Pupil’s Activities – State the uses of energy.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to –
mention three uses of energy.