How We Can Be Born Again (Primary 3)
CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – FAITH IN JESUS
PREVIOUS LESSON – Jesus The Way to the Father (Primary 3)
TOPIC – HOW WE CAN BE BORN AGAIN
1. Introductory Activities
2. Why a person must be born again
3. How a person can be born again
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. explain why a person must be born again.
2. explain how a person can be born again.
Jesus – The Son of God
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Pictures or drawing of Nicodemus meeting Jesus.
2. Picture of man being baptized.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
Copy as I write or draw as I need. This instruction should be given when you need the pupils to write or draw.
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Memory Verse – John 14:6.
Tells the story of Jesus and Nicodemus in John 3.
WHY A PERSON MUST BE BORN AGAIN
3 Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.”
HOW A PERSON CAN BE BORN AGAIN
1. Through the acceptance of Christ in one’s life.
2. Through life in Christ.
3. Through baptism.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Tells the story of Jesus and Nicodemus – The way to the father.
Pupil’s Activities –
- Listen to the teacher, answer and ask questions.
- Participate in discussing how to be born again.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – The Goodness of Jesus (Primary 3)
1. tell who is the way to God.
2. tell why people must be born again.
3. what people must do to be born again.