Last Updated on January 8, 2021 by Alabi M. S.
PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – UNDERSTANDING BASIC TECHNOLOGY
PREVIOUS LESSON – FIRST TERM EXAMINATION
TOPIC – BASIC SKILLS IN BASKETBALL
1. Introductory Activities
2. Meaning of Basketball Game
3. Basic Skills in Basketball
4. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. describe basketball game.
2. mention basic skill in basketball.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
Copy as I write or draw as I write. This instruction should be given when you need the pupils to write or draw.
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTORY ACTIVITIES
Teacher’s Activities – Play basketball video clip for the pupils, guide them to identify the basketball game and discuss.
Pupil’s Activities – This is basketball game.
Teacher’s remark – Give a great cheer for recognizing basketball game. Basketball is one the ball games played with hands.
On board, copy as I write.
MEANING OF BASKETBALL GAMES
Basketball is one of the ball games played with hands by shooting a ball through a raised goal called a basket.
It is a limited contact sport played on a rectangular court.
Three – on – three, two – on – two, and one – on – one competitions are also common basketball games or competitions.
On board, copy as I write.
BASIC SKILLS IN BASKETBALL
LESSON 2 – LESSON EVALUATION AND WEEKLY ASSESSMENT
As stated in the performance objectives or lesson evaluation.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Explain what is basketball game.
Pupil’s Activities – Listen to the teacher’s explain.
3. Summarizes the lesson on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Copy as the teacher writes.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to –
1. explain basketball game.
2. name at least three(3) basic skills in basketball game.
WOODWORK – WEEKLY ASSESSMENT (TEST)
ATTEMPT ALL THE QUESTIONS
1. __________________ is a ball game played with hands by shooting a ball through a raised goal called a basket.
A. Ball game
B. Potball game
C. Basketball game
2. Basketball is a limited contact sport played on a __________________ court.
3. Basketball game requires ____ players on each side.
C. A and B are correct.
4. Three – on – three, two – on – two, and one – on – one competitions are also __________________ basketball games or competitions.
5. __________________ game is the only ball games played with hands.