Last Updated on July 16, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUE
THEME – THE COMMUNITY’S LEADERS AND TITLES
PREVIOUS LESSON – THE WAYS OF LEADERS CHOOSING IN THE COMMUNITY
TOPIC – THE ADVANTAGES OF CHOOSING A LEADER IN THE COMMUNITY
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to stat the advantages of choosing a leader in the community.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
ACTIVITIES 1 – GIVE 5 EXAMPLES OF LEADERS IN THE COMMUNITY
- The Baale
- The Oba (King)
- The Local Government Chairman
- The Governor
- The President
Take a lead for the pupils to be able to give examples of leaders in our community.
ACTIVITIES 2 – TEACHER’S/PUPIL’S ACTIVITIES
THE MEANING OF ADVANTAGES
Advantages mean the good features of something.
Let the pupils to discuss the advantages of having good water, road, etc.
ACTIVITIES 3 – THE ADVANTAGES OF CHOOSING A LEADER IN THE COMMUNITY
- Peace making
- Settlement of disputes
- Ensuring peace
- Organizing community work link between government and the community
- Appreciate and reward
- Job opportunity, etc.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Explains what advantages means.
- Pupil’s Activities – Discuss the word advantages.
- Discuss with the pupils, the advantages of chosen a leader in the community.
- Pupil’s Activities – Participate in discussing the advantages of choosing a leader in the community.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to mention three (3)advantages of choosing a leader in their locality