Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUE
THEME – LEARNING ABOUT OUR ENVIRONMENT
PREVIOUS LESSON –
TOPIC – MEANING OF ACCIDENT
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to explain the meaning of accidents.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of pictures showing dangerous and sharp objects.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
PUPIL’S ACTIVITIES 1 – WHAT HAPPENS TO THE LITTLE GIRL ON THE CHART?
The little girl fell from the bicycle.
PUPIL’S ACTIVITIES 2 – WHAT HAPPENS TO THE CAR?
The car has an accident.
Teacher takes note of the word – accident.
PUPIL’S ACTIVITIES 3 – WHAT HAPPENS TO GIRL’S LEG?
She got bruises on her leg. Or injured her leg.
PUPIL’S ACTIVITIES 4 – WHAT COULD HAPPEN TO THE PEOPLE INSIDE THE CAR?
The people could be injured or death.
Teacher’s remark – The two pictures indicate accident that occurred.
TEACHER’S/PUPIL’S ACTIVITIES 5 – DISCUSS THE MEANING OF ACCIDENT
Accidents are unplanned events that lead to injury, damage, or death.
- Damage – The bicycle and the car
- Death – People in the car could be death.
PUPIL’S ACTIVITIES 6 – IDENTIFY OTHER FORMS OF ACCIDENT ON THE CHART
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Uses guides questions to discuss the meaning of accidents.
- Pupil’s Activities – Respond to the teachers questions and participate in class discussion.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to explain the meaning of accidents.