Last Updated on July 16, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
THEME – DRAMA
PREVIOUS LESSON – CREATING DRAMA – BASIC FORM OF DRAMA CREATION (PRIMARY 6)
TOPIC – DRAMA CONSTRUCTION PROCESSES
1. Meaning of Casting and Rehearsal
2. Personnel responsible for Directing a Play
3. Skills required BY an Actor and Actress
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. explain the process of casting.
2. state the meaning of rehearsal .
3. identify personnel responsible for directing a play.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. An improvised drama
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
MEANING OF CASTING
Casting is the process of choosing the actors/actresses for a play production. Casting is a very important aspect of a successful play production and it has to be well.
Good quality actors and actresses mean good production.
MEANING OF REHEARSAL
Rehearsal is a form of practice in preparation for a performance. For example, music, dance or drama. It is a form of preparation for a performance.
PERSONNEL RESPONSIBLE FOR DIRECTING A PLAY
Producer plans and manages the cost of the entire play production process.
Director supervisors and direct the action in the play production. He employs a director.
Choreography creates, plans and directs activities of the play production. These activities include dance and style of the play or drama.
SKILLS REQUIRED BY AN ACTOR AND ACTRESS
1. Good memorization
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Explains the meaning of casting rehearsal and who conducts them.
Pupil’s Activities – Listen to the teacher.
3. Writes the explanation on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Take down the explanation in the notebook.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. give the meaning of casting and rehearsal.
2. identify personnel responsible directing a play.