Last Updated on July 16, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
THEME – DRAMA
PREVIOUS LESSON – CASTING AND REHEARSAL I (PRIMARY 6)
TOPIC – DRAMA CONSTRUCTION PROCESSES
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to rehearse a drama sketch by trying out roles.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. An improvised drama
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Casting is the process of choosing the actors/actresses for a play production. Casting is a very important aspect of a successful play production and it has to be well.
Rehearsal is a form of practice in preparation for a performance. For example, music, dance or drama. It is a form of preparation for a performance.
The following are the personnel responsible for directing a play – producer, director and choreographer.
DRAMA CONSTRUCTION PROCESSES
Construct a drama and get the pupils involved to play a role.
TEACHER’S/PUPIL’S ACTIVITIES – REHEARSAL A PLAY
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Leads the pupils to construct a drama sketch based on any emerging issues (e.g. respect for elders).
Pupil’s Activities – Construct with the rest of the class, a drama sketch on an emerging issue (e.g. respect for elders).
3. Helps the pupils to allocate the roles of actors/actresses to different learners.
Pupil’s Activities – Take up a roles in the improvised drama.
6. Encourages the pupils to rehearse their improvised drama.
Pupil’s Activities – Rehearse with the rest of the class, this improvised drama.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to rehearse with the classmates, their roles in the improvised drama.