Last Updated on July 16, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
THEME – CROP PRODUCTION
PREVIOUS LESSON – How to Raise Ornamental Plants (Flower Plants) Primary 4
TOPIC – MORE STEPS IN GROWING ORNAMENTAL PLANTS
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to mention more steps involved in growing ornamental plants (post planting).
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Seeds, seedlings or stem cuttings of desirable ornamental plants.
2. Nursery bags, seed boxes, pots, etc.
4. Farm tools such as cutlass, hoes, hand forks, etc.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
PREVIOUS LESSON – ORNAMENTAL PLANTS
Ornamental plants are beautiful flower plants that are grown in gardens or landscape design projects for beautification, attractive and decorative purposes.
The cultivation of ornamental plants is called floriculture.
MORE STEPS IN GROWING ORNAMENTAL PLANTS (POST PLANTING)
4. Pruning, etc.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides the pupils in raising ornamental plants in the school compound.
Pupils Activities – Enumerate more steps involved in raising ornamental plants (post planting).
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to mention more steps involved in growing ornamental plants (post planting).