Last Updated on July 16, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
WEEK 6 – MEANING OF HOME ACCIDENT
WEEK 7 – TYPES OF HOME ACCIDENT
THEME – SAFETY IN THE HOME
PREVIOUS LESSON –
TOPIC – HOME ACCIDENT
1. Meaning of Home Accident
2. Types of Home
3. Causes of Home Accidents
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. explain home accident.
2. identify possible danger spots in the home.
3. mention some accidents that may occur in the home.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of Pictures/charts/posters of safety and accidents in the home.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Safety means keeping yourself and others free from harm or danger. That’s being careful not to fall, bump or run into things. When you are not careful from these harmful or dangerous things, it leads to accidents.
Home Accidents are unplanned events that lead to injury, damage, or death.
CAUSES OF HOME ACCIDENTS/DANGER SPOTS IN THE HOME
1. Watery floor
2. Banana peel on the floor
3. Drugs carelessly placed
4. Hot oil or water
5. Sharp object
7. Open fire
8. Exposed electrical appliances
POSSIBLE ACCIDENTS IN THE HOME HOME/TYPES OF ACCIDENTS
Types of Accidents
Types of Accident – Cut
Hot WATER OR OIL
Types of Accidents
WRONG PLACEMENT OF DRUGS – This could lead to poisoning.
EXPOSED ELECTRICAL APPLIANCES – This could lead to shock and restlessness.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Leads the class discussion on home accidents.
Pupil’s Activities – Explain home accidents.
3. Assembles teaching materials and prepare for practical work.
4. Administers the pupil’s activities.
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Discuss and list danger spots in the home and where they may cause accidents.
Teacher’s/Pupil’s – Pay a visit to the children’s ward in a nearby hospital to see the number of children admitted because of accidents.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. explain home accidents.
2. list 5 causes of accidents.
3. mention 5 danger spots.
3. mention possible accidents and injury.