CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – PRAYER
PREVIOUS LESSON – Meaning of Prayer Primary 2 (Basic 2) – Christian Religious Studies
TOPIC – REASONS WHY WE PRAY
1. Introductory Activities
2. Reasons Why We Pray
3. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, most of the pupils should have attained the following objectives –
1. explain the meaning of prayer.
2. give reasons why we pray.
The pupils can say Lord’s Prayer correctly.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Written prayers (The Lord’s Prayer).
2. Pictures showing people in prayer.
3. Bible Reading – Matthew 7:7 – 11
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTION
Prayer is a way we talk to God and God talks to us.
People pray for so many things. People prayers are different from one another depending on their needs and wants. Some of the reasons we pray are –
REASONS WHY WE PRAY
1. We pray for good health.
2. We pray for Protection.
3. We pray for wealth (money).
4. We pray for promotion.
5. We pray for journey mercy, etc.
LESSON 2 – REVISION AND WEEKLY ASSESSMENT (TEST)
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Leads pupils to say the Lord’s Prayer correctly.
Pupil’s Activities – Say the Lord’s Prayer correctly.
3. Discuss the meaning of prayer.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in discussion on prayer.
4. Helps pupils to understand and state why people pray.
Pupil’s Activities – State the reasons why people pray.
5. Summarizes each of the lesson on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Copy as the teacher instructed.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask pupils to:
1. say the Lord’s prayer.
2. Say the meaning of prayer.
WEEKLY ASSESSMENT (TEST)
1. ______ is a way we talk to God and God talks to us.
2. When pray we pray to ______.
3. We must pray everyday.
4. When we were pray, we talk to God.
5. Everybody pray.
6. We must always pray for our family.
7. We must pray for Nigeria too.
8. When we pray, we ask God for our daily needs.
9. Pray is the master key.
10. Jesus also pray.
11. Jesus started with _______.
12. Jesus ended with _______.
13. We can pray any where.
14. Do you pray before you eat?
15. Do you pray today?