Last Updated on October 11, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – PRAYER
PREVIOUS LESSON – Christian Religious Studies (Primary 1)
TOPIC – MEANING OF PRAYER
1. Introductory Activities
2. Meaning of Prayer
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
explain the meaning of prayer.
The Lord’s Prayer
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Written prayers (The Lord’s Prayer).
2. Pictures showing people in prayer.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Displays a chart showing people praying at home, in the church, work or school for the pupils to identify what they are doing.
Pupil’s Expected Response – They are praying.
MEANING OF PRAYER
Prayer is a way we talk to God and God talks to us.
Teacher’s Activities – Says the meaning of prayer and ask the pupils to repeat after you and write the meaning of prayer in their book.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Discusses the meaning of prayer.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in discussion on prayer.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
say what prayer is.