Last Updated on October 11, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – PRAYER
PREVIOUS LESSON – Meaning of Prayer (Primary 2)
TOPIC – REASONS WHY WE PRAY
1. Introductory Activities
2. Reasons Why We Pray
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. explain the meaning of prayer.
2. give reasons why we pray.
The Lord’s Prayer
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Written prayers (The Lord’s Prayer).
2. Pictures showing people in prayer.
3. Bible Reading – Matthew 7:7 – 11
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s Activities – Says the meaning of prayer and ask the pupils to repeat after you.
Pupil’s Expected Response – Prayer is a way we talk to God and God talks to us.
Teacher’s Activities – Leads pupils in identifying the reasons why we pray and write the points on the board for them to write each point in their books.
REASONS WHY WE PRAY
1. We pray for good health.
2. We pray for Protection.
3. We pray for wealth (money).
4. We pray for promotion.
5. We pray for journey mercy, etc.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Leads pupils in identifying the reasons why we pray.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in discussing why we should pray.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. say what prayer is.
2. give reasons for prayer.