Last Updated on July 16, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – JESUS PRAYS TO THE FATHER
PREVIOUS LESSON – Second Term Scheme of Work and Plan Lesson Note CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES Primary 4
TOPIC – JESUS PRAYS TO THE FATHER
LEARNING AREA – Thing to Pray For
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. identify things to pray for.
5. emulate the prayer life of Jesus by praying always.
6. lead a short prayer.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. The Holy Bible
2. Hymn books
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
THE LORD’S PRAYER
Lead the pupils to say the Lord’s prayer.
THINGS TO PRAY FOR
There a lot of things to pray for. We can pray for ourselves, our parents, family’s members, our teachers, our churches, even our nation – Nigeria. We can also pray for –
1. Forgiveness of our sins
2. Holy Spirit
3. Our parent’s long life and prosperity
4. Success and victorious life,
5. Food, Clothes and Shelter, etc.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Leads pupils to identify and state the things to pray for.
Pupil’s Activities – State the things to pray for.
3. Asks pupils to lead a short prayer by mentioning some of these things.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. mention 5 things to pray for.
2. lead a short prayer.