Last Updated on April 2, 2021 by Alabi M. S.
SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL – SS 3
Answer all questions.
1. The first military coup in Nigeria was in _______________.
2. The nearest government to the people is the _______________ government.
(d) all of the above
3. In a parliamentary system of government, _______________ is the Head of government.
(d) Prime minister
4. In the Yoruba pre-colonial political system, _______________ was expected to commit suicide upon defeat of the army.
(d) Are –Ona-Kankanfo
5. All are reasons for military intervention except _______________.
(a) tribal loyalty
(b) regional differences
(c) politicization of the army
(d) incorruptible politicians
6. The local government reforms which made it the third tier of government, was made in the year _______________.
7. The cold war was majorly between _______________ and _______________
8. Africa, as a centre-piece of Nigeria’s foreign policy is traceable to _______________.
(a) Olusegun Obasanjo
(b) Ahmadu Bello
(c) Abubakar Tafawa Balewa
(d) Nnamdi Azikiwe
9. The non-commitment of a country to either the west or the east on any international issue is referred to as _______________.
(b) foreign policy
(c) foreign alignment
10. Communalism is _______________ oriented.
11. The Prime minister of England is _______________.
(a) madam Margaret Thatcher
(b) madam Ellen Johnson Sirleaf
(c) madam Queen Elizabeth
(d) Sir David Cameron
12. A system of government by a King, Queen or Emperor is termed _______________.
13. These two political parties took part in the General elections of Nigeria’s second Republic.
(a) PDP, ANPP
(b) APC, APGA
(c) NPN, AG
(d) UPN, NPN
14. _______________ constitution is very difficult to amend.
15. Countries colonized by Britain are under a free association called _______________.
16. _______________ constitution was not published in 1939.
17. _______________ was the head of the Army in the Yoruba pre-colonial political system.
(a) the oyomesi
(d) Ogboni society
18. The act of choosing candidates to represent the people of a given country is _______________.
19. _______________ body is responsible for organizing and conducting elections in any political system .
(a) electoral law
(b) electoral farm
(d) electoral commission
20. The civil service in Nigeria is structured in the following ways except _______________
(a) the economic class
(b) the administrative class
(c) the executive class
(d) the messengerial class
21. The political head of the civil service in Nigeria is the _______________.
22. The public corporation is set up by an Act of _______________.
23. One of these is not a problem associated with the local government in Nigeria.
(a) Accute shortage of funds
(b) political interference
(c) abundance of trained personnel
24. _______________ is the kind of system of administration adopted by the British colonial government.
(a) direct rule
(b) strict rule
(c) straight rule
(d) indirect rule
25. The first Europeans to visit Nigeria were the _______________.
26. The first political party established in Nigeria was in the year _______________.
27. NCNC as a political party simply means ______________________________.
28. In Nigeria’s aborted third Republic, _______________ established the interim national government.
29. _____________________________ was the presumed winner of the June 12, 1992 elections in Nigeria.
30. The country Gold Coast is also called _______________.
31. _______________ country led to the collapse of the USSR.
32. The economic capital of Nigeria is in _______________.
33. ____________________________ is the head of a ministry.
34. A system of government in which the Prime minister is the Head of government and the President, the Head of state is called ______________________________.
35. _______________ was Nigeria’s Governor-General as at the time of the second world war.
36. The Lagos and London constitutional conferences were held in the year _______________ and _______________ respectively.
37. A system of government based on land ownership is referred to as _______________.
38. Togo, as a mandate of the United Nations was given to _______________ as a gift.
39. USSR is short for _____________________________________________.
40. While it is the duty of the _______________ to make laws, the _______________ to implement the laws, it is the statutory duty of the _______________ to interpret the laws.
41. The green chamber of the Nigerian National Assembly is also known as _______________
42. President Muhammadu Buhari of Nigeria is expected to be sworn in on _______________ by _______________.
43. The African union is patterned after the _______________.
44. A system of government whereby the totality of the life of the citizens lie in the hand of one man is called _______________.
45. According to the 1960 independence constitution in Nigeria, the Head of State was the _______________.
46. _______________ was a founding father of the non-aligned movement.
47. Julius Nyerere was a founder father of _______________ system of government.
48. _______________ is a system of government based on hereditary.
49. The international bank for reconstruction and development is also known as _______________.
50. The universal declaration of human rights(UDHR) was ratified on the _______________. day of _______________ , 19_______________ by _______________ countries, as opposed by _______________ country in Africa .
Answer all questions.
Question one is compulsory.
a. Write on the formation of ECOWAS.
b. State five aims and objectives of ECOWAS.
c. What is non-alignment?
d. Critically examine the cause and effect of the cold war.
a. List five specialized agencies of the UNO.
b. List and explain four organs of the OAU.
c. Why is the common wealth a free association?
a. Give a convincing account about the inclusion of the military into the Nigerian political land scape.
b. Highlight four achievements and three weaknesses of the military regimes in Nigeria.
c. From 1960 till date, highlight Nigeria’s past Heads of state and Presidents.
a. Write on any of the pre-colonial political system of Nigeria.
b. The Nigerian federalism started under the council of Sir Lord Luggard. Discuss .
c. Highlight the past Governors-General of Nigeria after Sir Lord Luggard.
a. What is colonialism?
b. Differentiate between policy of association and policy of assimilation.
c. Write exhaustively on ‘The Nigerian Civil war’.
a. What is the place of OPEC in global peace and co-operation.
b. State five achievements of the UNO