Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – UNDERSTANDING BASIC TECHNOLOGY
PREVIOUS LESSON – Products and Makings of Technology (Primary 4)
TOPIC – MEANING AND COMMON ICT GADGETS
1. Meaning of ICT Gadgets
2. Use of ICT Gadgets
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. explain the meaning of ICT gadget.
2. identify common ICT gadgets and their uses.
Operate common ICT gadgets.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. sets of flashcards of names of common IT gadgets,
2. Pictures of common IT gadgets, markers,
3. Real Objects (teacher can bring mobile phone and remote control to the class where available), Cellotape,etc.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
Relevant link – Identification and Uses of ICT Gadgets – ASEI PDSI METHOD (Primary 4)
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON ONE – COMMON USES OF ICT GADGETS
As mentioned in the previous lesson, lets the pupils to state the uses of ICT Gadgets.
LESSON TWO – OTHER USES OF ICT GADGETS
1. ICT gadgets make communication easier.
2. ICT gadgets help individuals and organizations grow.
3. ICT gadgets allow people to work at home or any where.
4. ICT gadgets increase productivity.
5. ICT gadgets bring people together. For family and friends and other business partners.
6. ICT gadgets make teaching and learning more easier.
7. ICT gadgets are used for entertainments.
LESSON THREE – WEEKLY ASSESSMENTS
As stated in the behavioural objectives or evaluation.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides pupils to identify the uses of ICT Gadgets.
Pupil’s Activities – Listen to the teacher and follow he/her leads.
3. Discusses other uses of ICT Gadgets.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate actively in the discussion.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
explain ICT Gadgets. (10 Marks, if examples are included)
state ten (5) uses ICT Gadgets. (1 Mark)