Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – The Holy Spirit Working in Us
PREVIOUS LESSON – The Reward of Working in Holy Spirit I – Concept of Reward and Punishment (Primary 5)
TOPIC – THE REWARD OF WORKING IN THE HOLY SPIRIT
The Reward of Working in the Holy Spirit
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. explain the concept of reward.
2. discuss the reward of working in the Holy Spirit.
Reward for doing good and bad.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Film on reward
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
Relevant link – Third Term Scheme of Work and Plan Lesson Note for Christian Religious Studies (CRS) Primary 4 Primary 5 and Primary 6 Links
TIME – TABLE
Wednesday (12:00 AM – 12:40 PM)
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON ONE – INTRODUCTION
Reward is something of value (in form of gift or praise, etc.) given to a person for a good behavior.
The opposite of reward is punishment.
Punishment is something given to make a person suffer for a bad behaviour.
Bad behaviour means do some wrong.
THE REWARD OF WORKING IN HOLY SPIRIT
The reward of the Holy Spirit is to comfort and abide with the believers now and even more to
1. teaches the words of God.
2. empowers us.
3. teaches us how to pray.
4. washes and renews us.
5. leads us to self discipline.
6. leads us to obedience.
The Holy Spirit is a source of revelation, wisdom, and power of every believers.
REVISION AND WEEK LESSON ASSESSMENT
As stated in performance objectives or lesson evaluation.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Asks pupils to summarize the parable of the Talents.
Pupil’s Activities – Say the parable of the Talents.
3. Explains the concept of reward to pupils.
Pupil’s Activities – Listen to the teacher’s explanation.
4. Guides pupils to discuss the reward of working in the Holy Spirit to their lives.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify the reward of working in the Holy Spirit to their lives.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. explain the concept of reward and punishment.
2. mention three rewards of working in the Holy Spirit.