Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – BASIC CONCEPTS OF ICT
PREVIOUS LESSON –
TOPIC – COMMON ICT DEVICES
Uses of GSM phone
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
identify common ICT – GSM phone.
Object and toy GSM phone
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Chats, GSM Phones, Toy GSM phones, Smart phones, Colour pencils.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
ICT stands for
I – Information
C – Communication
T – Technology
MEANING OF ICT DEVICES
ICT Devices are devices used to communicate information.
For example, the common ICT Devices are GSM phone, calculator, wristwatch, etc.
GSM phone is a common ICT device.
GSM stands for –
G – Global
S – System for
M – Mobile communication
That’s, Global System for Mobile communication.
It is also called mobile phone.
USES OF GSM PHONES
GSM phone is used for –
1. Making calls
2. Receiving calls
3. Sending messages
4. Receiving messages
5. Playing games
6. Watching video
7. Taking pictures
8 calculations, etc.
Note – asks the pupils to state the uses of GSM and note their point on the board or chart.
PRACTICAL DEMONSTRATION OF USES OF GSM PHONES
Lets the pupils demonstrate the stated uses of GSM Phones.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Displays real objects or pictures of common ICT Devices – GSM phone.
Pupil’s Activities – Touch and identify common ICT devices – GSM phone.
3. Asks pupils to state the uses of GSM Phones.
Pupil’s Activities – State the uses of GSM Phones.
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Demonstrate the uses of GSM Phones.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to all the questions –
1. GSM phones stands for G – __________________ S – System for M – Communication
2. GSM phone is also called __________________.
A. Mobile phone
C. Toy phone
3. GSM phone is used for making __________________ and receiving __________________.
4. GSM phone can be used for taking pictures, watching video and playing gear. True/False
5. GSM phone cannot not be used for calculations. True/False
6. GSM phone is a common ICT device. True/False
7. ICT stands for I – __________________ C – System for T – Communication