Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – HEALTH EDUCATION
PREVIOUS LESSON –
TOPIC – HEALTH AND HYGIENE – PURIFICATION
1. Meaning of Purifying
2. Methods of Purifying
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. enumerate some ways of purifying water.
2. describe some methods of purifying water.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Charts, Film clips, Water filter.
Polluted water, Fire wood, Tripod stand, Sieving set, Pots.
Clean towel, Stove.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
MEANING OF PURIFYING
Purifying means to make pure or clean.
Purifying water is to make water safe for drinking.
METHODS OF PURIFYING WATER
Methods of purifying water are different ways of making water clean and it includes –
3. Use of chemicals
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Explains purifying and water purifying.
3. Describes the methods of purifying water.
Pupil’s Activities – Listen and ask questions.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. ______________ is to make pure or clean.
2. Purifying water is to make water to ______________.
3. The main purpose of purifying water is ______________.
A. Safe for drinking
B. Safe and clean
C. Safe and pure
Mention 2 methods of purifying water.