Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – HEALTH EDUCATION
PREVIOUS LESSON – Health and Hygiene V – Rest and Sleep (Primary 2)
TOPIC – SAFETY EDUCATION
1. Meaning of Safety
2. Safety Rules
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. list 5 safety rules.
2. state the conditions that require first aid.
Safety and precautions
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
3. Video clips.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Safety Education is the teaching of how to keep yourself and others free from harm or danger.
MEANING OF SAFETY
Safety means keeping yourself and others free from harm or danger.
That’s being careful not to fall, bump or run into things.
1. Do not talk to a stranger.
2. Do not get into a stranger car.
3. Do not pick call if not your parents calls.
4. Do not open the door if you are alone.
5. Do not play with any chemicals.
6. Do not drink alcohol or smoke cigarettes.
7. Call for help if there is a fire.
1. Do walk on the road walk way.
2. Do not play on the road or on your way to school and when you are going back home.
3. Do not talk to a stranger.
4. If someone insult you, tell your teachers.
5. Do not fight.
6. Always put on your scandal.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. States the meaning of safety.
Pupil’s Activities – Explain safety.
3. Lists and explains safety rules.
Pupil’s Activities – List safety rules.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
list 3 safety rules –
1. In school
2. At home