Last Updated on August 14, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME: LEARNING ABOUT OUR ENVIRONMENT
PREVIOUS LESSON – The Sense of Sight (Eyes) – Observation and Identification of Objects by Names Based on Shapes, Colours and Sizes (Primary 2)
TOPIC: THE SENSE OF SOUND (EARS)
1. Introductory Activities
2. Listen to Different Sounds
3. Produce Different Sounds
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and be able to:
1. observe and identify organ of hearing (ears).
2. draw organ of hearing.
Speaking and Listening
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Chart showing different sense of organs.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON ONE – IDENTIFICATION OF SOUND OR HEARING (EARS)
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Plays different sound of animals for pupils to identify and name the sound of the animal played.
Records the response to the sound and name of animals mentioned.
SOUNDS OF ANIMALS
4. Lion, etc.
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Repeat the process with sound of engines or machines.
SOUND OF ENGINES OR MACHINES
4. Fridge, etc.
PRODUCING DIFFERENT SOUND OF ANIMALS OR MACHINES
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Asks pupils to imitate the sound of the following –
5. Generator, etc.
LESSON TWO – RECOGNISE THE WORDS PRODUCED BY MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS
1. Plays common instrumental music, watch and listen to the response of the pupils.
2. Invites an instrumentalist or any staff that’s expert in paying trumpet.
3. professional drummer or any staff that can beat talking drum.
DRAW THE SENSE OF SOUND (EARS)
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Makes pupils to listen to and identify various sounds.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify various sounds. Produce different sounds from their mouth and throat.
3. Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Draw sense of sound – ears.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. listen and identify various sounds.
2. identify and describe sounds made by different objects, animals and persons.