Last Updated on September 25, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUE
THEME – NATIONAL CONSCIOUSNESS
PREVIOUS LESSON – Places to Respect (Place of Worship) Primary 1
TOPIC – PLACE OF INTEREST TO RESPECT
1. Introductory Activities
2. Place of Interest to Respect
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
identify important places of interest.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Charts showing amusement part or zoo
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Displays a chart showing places of interest for the pupils to identify each. Listen to them and note their points on the board.
PLACES TO INTEREST
Respect means to admire someone, place or thing we think is important and special. Other places to respect are places of interest.
1. The Natural Museum
2. The Amusement Parks
3. The National Theatre
4. The National Stadium
5. Olumo Rock
7. Shopping malls like shoprite
9. Airport like be inside the plane, etc.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Leads the pupils to identify place of Interest.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify place of interest.
3. Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Take the pupils to visit the nearest places of interest.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to –
mention 6 places of interest that should be respected.