Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – SOCIAL AND HEALTH ISSUES
PREVIOUS LESSON – Risk Factors in Food III – Risk Factors in Food Distribution and Preparation (Primary 1)
TOPIC – SOURCE OF WATER
1. Introductory Activities
2. Source of Water
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
mention sources of water supply in the locality.
Source and Uses of Water
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Pictures depicting sources of water supply.
2. Pictures showing domestic uses of water.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
IDENTIFICATION OF WATER
Teacher’s Activities – What is this?
Pupil’s expected response – This is water.
IDENTIFICATION OF DIFFERENT SOURCE OF WATER
Teacher’s Activities – where is this water coming from?
Pupil’s expected response – from the tap.
Teacher’s remarks – CORRECT. Tap is one of the sources of water. We can get water from the tap by opening the tap. Where else can we get water?
Teacher’s remarks – Listens to the pupils and note their points on the board. To aid the pupils, present chart showing some water sources.
SOURCES OF WATER SUPPLY IN THE LOCALITY
7. Spring, etc.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Uses pictures and questions to guide pupils in enumerating the sources of water.
Pupil’s Activities – Interpret the pictures and enumerate the sources of water supply in homes.
3. Leads pupils to discuss sources of water supply.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in discussion.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
mention 4 sources of water supply in the locality.