Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – SOCIAL AND HEALTH ISSUES
PREVIOUS LESSON – Effects of Drug Abuse (Primary 2)
TOPIC – DRUG ABUSE
1. Meaning of Drug Abuse
3. Ways of Preventing Drug Abuse
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
mention ways of preventing drug abuse.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Pupils’ textbooks.
2. Posters on war against drug abuse.
3. Photographs showing drug addicts.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Drug abuse is an ongoing problem in many communities, creeping into the lives of all people of all ages and from all walk of life.
WAYS OF PREVENTING DRUG ABUSE
There are many ways to prevent drug abuse, namely –
1. Avoid bad friends.
2. Seek advice of doctors/nurses and pharmacist before taking drugs.
3. Avoid buying medicines in buses or unauthorised stores.
4. Avoid self – medication.
5. Self discipline
6. Right thinking
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Organises class discussion on drug abuse and its dangers.
Pupil’s Activities – List dangers involved in drug abuse.
3. Engages pupils to talk how to preventing drug abuse.
Pupil’s Activities – Talk how to preventing drug abuse.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. explain the meaning of drug abuse.
2. mention two ways of preventing drug abuse.