Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
WEEK 8 – IDENTIFICATION AND MEANING OF GANGS
WEEK 9 – EFFECTS OF JOINING A GANG
THEME – SOCIAL AND HEALTH ISSUES
PREVIOUS LESSON – Source of Dangers – Drug Abuse (Primary 1)
TOPIC – SOURCE OF DANGERS
1. Meaning of Gang
2. Effects of Joining A Gang
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. identify gangs.
2. desist from joining gangs.
Relationship with Strangers
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Chart showing bad gangs.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information – Avoiding Criminal Behaviours – Gangs (Primary 3)
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s activities – Tells pupils short story on the effects of joining bad gangs.
MEANING OF GANGS
A gang is a group of young people, who go around fighting, stealing, causing trouble, killing one another, etc. They are also known as a group of criminals.
EFFECTS OF JOINING A GANG
1. Dropout of school
2. drug and alcohol abuse
3. Teen parenthood
4. Committing crimes
6. Killing the innocent people
8. Poor relationships with family and friends.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Organises class discussion on gangs.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in the discussion.
3. Guides pupil’s to identify the effects of bad gangs.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify the effects of bad gangs.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. explain the meaning of gang.
2. mention 5 effects of joining a gang.