Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – ELEMENTS OF SECURITY
PREVIOUS LESSON – Meaning of Sexual Offenses (Primary 3)
TOPIC – ELEMENTS OF CRIMINAL BEHAVIOURS
1. Meaning of Theft
2. Activities that are referred as Theft
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. define theft.
2. state actions that could be referred to as theft.
People stealing or taking things that belong to other people.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Chart showing list of criminal behaviours
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Criminal behaviours are unacceptable behavior in any community. For example, stealing, fighting, etc.
MEANING OF THEFT
Theft is one of the criminal behaviors that involves taking other people things a very dishonest manner.
ACTIVITIES THAT COULD BE REFERRED AS THEFT
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Asks pupils to define a theft.
Pupil’s Activities – Explain what theft means.
3. Guides to identify and discuss activities that are referred as theft.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify and discuss activities that are referred as theft.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. define theft.
2. Mention 5 activities that are referred as theft.