Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – ELEMENTS OF SECURITY
PREVIOUS LESSON – Meaning and Solutions to Road Accidents (Primary 3)
TOPIC – ELEMENTS OF CRIMINAL BEHAVIOURS
1. Meaning of Sexual Offenses
2. Examples of Sexual Offenses
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
describe sexual offenses in the society.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Chart showing list of sexual offences
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Anti – Social Behaviours are unacceptable behaviour that harm the well-being of other people. These kind of behaviours violate the fundamental human rights of other people.
One of the end results of anti social behaviors is sexual offenses.
MEANING OF SEXUAL OFFENSES
Sexual offenses are unacceptable behaviours that force other people to engage in unwanted sex. Another word for sexual offenses is also known as SEXUAL ASSAULT.
EXAMPLES OF SEXUAL OFFENSES
2. Incest – sex between relations.
3. Child sexual abuse
4. Marital or partner rape
5. Sexual harassment, etc.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Explains sexual offenses.
Pupil’s Activities – Listen to the teacher’s explanation.
3. States various sexual offences in the society.
Pupil’s Activities – Mention the various sexual offences in the society.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. describe the sexual offenses in the society.
2. give 5 examples sexual offenses in the society.