Last Updated on November 1, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
THEME – PROCESSES OF AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTS
PREVIOUS LESSON – Agriculture (Primary 1)
TOPIC – BASIC FARM TOOLS
1. Introductory Activities
2. Identification of Simple Farm Tools
3. Meaning of Simple Farm Tools
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. say the meaning of simple farm tools.
2. name some simple farm tools.
Hoe and Cutlass
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Samples of simple farm tools such as cutlass, sickle, axe, hoe, shovel, spade, hand fork, garden trowel, pick axe, basket, head pan, wheel barrow, garden fork, rake and watering can.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s Activities – Displays chart or sample of simple farm tools for the children to identify. But the ones unable to identify, show and tell them the name for identification.
SIMPLE FARM TOOLS
4. Watering can
5. Wheel barrow
7. Head pan
8. Hand fork
9. Garden fork
12. Pick axe
MEANING OF BASIC FARM TOOLS
Simple farm tools are the simple tools used for farming.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Displays simple farm tools used in the school farm and the locality.
Pupil’s Activities – Observe some simple farm tools.
3. Discuss the meaning of simple farm.
Pupil’s Activities – Say the simple of simple farm tools.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. Identify 5 simple farm tools by name.
2. _____________________ are the simple tools used for farming.
A. Simple farm tools
B. Simple home
3. Simple farm tools are the simple tools used for _____________________.
4. Simple farm tools are the _____________________ used for farming.
A. School tools
B. Simple tools