TOPIC: Area of Right – Angle Triangle
- Lesson One – Properties of Square and Rectangle
- Lesson Two – Cutting of Square and Rectangle
- Lesson Three – Area of Right – Angle Triangle
- Lesson Four – Revision/Test
TIME – 40 Minutes each.
By the end of the lesson, pupils should be able to –
- find the area of squares and rectangles (revision).
- find the area of a right – angled triangle.
- solve word problems involving area.
Triangle is 3 sided shape. There are 4 major types of triangle – Equilateral, isosceles, scalene and right – angle triangle. Right – angle triangle is a triangle with one of its angles equal to 90°. Area of a shape is the amount of space covered. The area of right – angle triangle is equal to the area of square or rectangle divided by 2. That’s 1/2 base x height. In this lesson, the pupils will be to understand and appreciate the concept of area of triangle by dividing the square or rectangle through the diagonal.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of cardboard, scissors, rulers and pencils.
The pupils understand different types of triangle as 3 sided shapes.
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- New Method Mathematics Book 6
- All Relevant Materials
- Online Materials
ASEI LESSON PLANS ON RIGHT ANGLE TRIANGLES
- LESSON DEVELOPMENT 1 – AREA AND PROPERTIES OF RECTANGLE AND SQUARE doc
- LESSON DEVELOPMENT 2 – CUTTING OF SQUARE AND RECTANGLE doc
- LESSON DEVELOPMENT 3 – AREA OF RIGHT – ANGLE TRIANGLE doc
- LESSON DEVELOPMENT 4 – Revision/Test