SPEECH WORK – IDENTIFICATION OF OBJECTS INSIDE THE CLASSROOM AND WITHIN THE SCHOOL COMPOUND
READING – READING NAMES OF OBJECTS INSIDE THE CLASSROOM AND WITHIN THE SCHOOL COMPOUND
WEEK 3 – IDENTIFICATION OF OBJECTS
THEME – LISTENING AND SPEAKING
PREVIOUS LESSON – Identification of Person (Primary 1)
TOPIC – IDENTIFICATION OF OBJECTS
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. identify named objects: at home, on the way to and from school, and in the school compound.
3. clearly pronounce names of objects.
Listening and speaking
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
3. Real objects
4. Brightly coloured picture books.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
IDENTIFICATION OF OBJECTS
IN THE SCHOOL
What is this?
“Show me a cup”. etc.
USES OF OBJECTS IDENTIFIED
1. Cup – it is used for drink water, etc.
2. Fan –
3. Pencil –
4. Desk –
5 – Bell, etc.
READING NAMES OF OBJECTS INSIDE THE CLASSROOM AND WITHIN THE SCHOOL COMPOUND
Part 1 – Words
Part 2 – Sentences
This is a cup.
This is a pencil.
This is a fan, etc.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Present different household, classroom, and school objects, and guides pupils to identify them by name e.g. a bag, a table.
3. Associates colours with objects in the classroom. Guides pupils to identify objects of named colours.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify given objects by names and colours.
4. Teachers/Pupil’s Activities – Uses of objects identified m
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. identify objects in the classroom.
2. state the uses of these objects identified.