Last Updated on August 19, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
WEEK 2 – IDENTIFICATION OF PERSON
THEME – LISTENING AND SPEAKING
PREVIOUS LESSON – Simple Greetings and Commands (Primary 1)
TOPIC – IDENTIFICATION OF
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. identify self, family members e.g. father, mother, brother and sister etc.
2. clearly pronounce names of persons.
Listening and speaking
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
3. Real objects
4. Brightly coloured picture books.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information – Introducing Individual (Primary 1)
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
IDENTIFICATION OF PERSON
What is your name ?
What is your father’s/mother’s/brother’s/sister’s name?
- “My father’s/mother’s/brother’s/sister’s name is Omotayo/Ruth/Stephen/Tope.”
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Introduces himself to the class “My name is Michael”.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in self introduction.
3. Asks different pupils their names and names of family members.
Pupil’s Activities – Say their names and those of family and class members clearly.
4. Guides different pairs of children to introduce themselves to one another.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. introduce themselves.
2. identify persons by names.