Last Updated on August 19, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
THEME – READING
PREVIOUS LESSON – Third Term Examination (Primary 1)
TOPIC – USING SONGS AND RHYMES TO IDENTIFY SOUNDS
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. learn sounds through songs and
2. repeat sounds they hear.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Wall chart showing the rhyme
2. Flash card showing the key words in the songs
3. Approved course book.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information – Production of Consonant Sounds and Words (Primary 2)
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
FOCUS SONGS – Watch Chu Chu TV for Songs and Rhymes
USING SONGS AND RHYMES TO IDENTIFY SOUNDS
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Teaches relevant songs to the pupils involving particular sounds.
Pupil’s Activities –
- Listen attentively to the teacher.
- Sing the song with emphasis on the sounds taught.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to sing songs to emphasize some given sounds.