Last Updated on August 19, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
WEEK 3 – ONCE I SAW A LITTLE BIRD
WEEK 6 – TWINKLE, TWINKLE, LITTLE STAR
THEME – POEMS
PREVIOUS LESSON –
TOPIC – WRITING OF POEMS
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. recognise that title page, illustrations, margins, pictures, diagrams are components of printed materials, etc.
2. obtain information from charts, diagrams and calendars etc.
Songs and Rhymes
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Supplementary Readers
2. Course book
3. Relevant charts, diagrams, graphs, labels, signs etc.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Once I saw a little bird
Come hop, hop, hop;
So I cried, “Little bird,
Will you stop, stop, stop?”
And was going to the window
To say, “How do you do?”
But he shook his little tail,
And far away he flew.
Twinkle, Twinkle, Little star
How I wonder what you are
Up above the world so high
Like a diamond in the sky
When the blazing sun is gon
When he nothing shines upon
Then you show your little light
Twinkle, twinkle, all the night
Then the traveler in the da
Thanks you for your tiny spark
How could he see where to go
If you did not twinkle so
In the dark blue sky you kee
Often through my curtains pee
For you never shut your eye
Till the sun is in the sky
As your bright and tiny spa
Lights the traveler in the dark
Though I know not what you are
Twinkle, twinkle, little star
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Writes out a simple poem.
Pupil’s Activities – Memorize and recite the poem.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to memorize and recite the poem for pleasure.