Last Updated on August 20, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
THEME – WRITING
PREVIOUS LESSON – First Term Scheme of Work and Plan Lesson Notes for English Studies (Primary 3)
TOPIC – WRITING ABOUT NATIONAL VALUES
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. read simple passages on the content column.
2. copy the passage into their exercise books in their own handwriting.
3. write clearly and legibly and
4. observe the spacing between letters in a word and words in a sentence.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Passages under content column.
2. Any other relevant materials.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
FOCUS READING PASSAGE
Passages highlighting national values –
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Reads to give a model example.
Pupil’s Activities –
- Listen to teacher’s reading.
- Read the passage following the teacher’s example.
3. Writes passage on the board.
4. Guides the pupils to identify some difficult words in the passage.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify some difficult words in the passage.
5. Shows them the spacing between letters in a word and words in a sentence.
Pupil’s Activities – Observe the spacing between letters in a word and words in a sentence.
6. Asks pupils to copy passage into their notebooks.
Pupil’s Activities – Copy the passage into their writing exercise book.
7. Supervises and makes corrections where necessary.
Pupil’s Activities – Do corrections where necessary.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. read given passages correctly and
2. copy correctly the given passage into their exercise books.