THEME – BASIC COMPUTER OPERATIONS
PREVIOUS LESSON – Uses of Input Devices – Computer Mouse (Primary 3)
TOPIC – INPUT DEVICES
1. Introductory Activities
2. Identification of Computer Joystick
3. Description of Computer Joystick
4. Uses of Computer Joystick
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. identify and describe the computer joystick.
2. state the uses of computer joystick.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Computer Joystick or chart showing computer joystick.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Displays a functional computer system (if available) for the pupils to identify computer joystick as input device.
Allow the pupils to use computer joystick to a play a computer game.
Then, ask them to describe a computer joystick. Listen and note their points.
MEANING OF COMPUTER JOYSTICK
A computer joystick is an input device that control (move) a character or machine in a computer game.
Computer joystick got its name from a flight simulator in a plane.
FEATURES OF A COMPUTER JOYSTICK
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Guides the pupils to identify the basic features of computer joystick.
4. Extra or additional buttons
5. Autofire switch
7. Hat switch
8. Suction cup
USES OF COMPUTER MOUSE
It is used for selecting and controlling characters or machines in a computer games.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Displays a functional computer system for pupils to identify computer joystick as input device.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify and describe computer joystick.
3. Leads pupils to use computer joystick as stated above.
Pupil’s Activities –
- Observe teacher’s activity.
- Select and control different characters in a video game.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. identify computer joystick as an input device.
2. state the features of computer joystick.
3. select and control different characters in a video game.