THEME – BASIC COMPUTER OPERATIONS
PREVIOUS LESSON – Uses of Input Devices – Computer Keyboard (Primary 3)
TOPIC – INPUT DEVICES
1. Introductory Activities
2. Identification of Computer Mouse
3. Description of Computer Mouse
4. Uses of Computer Mouse
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. identify and describe the computer mouse.
2. state the uses of computer mouse.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Keyboard, mouse, pictures or charts showing various input devices, monitor, printer, speaker, pictures or chart showing various output devices.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Displays a functional computer system (if available) for the pupils to identify computer mouse as input device.
Guides the pupils to move and select text, icons, files, folders, etc. using a computer mouse.
Then, ask them to describe a computer mouse. Listen and note their points.
MEANING OF COMPUTER MOUSE
A computer mouse is an input device that move a cursor around a personal computer on a flat board.
FEATURES OF A COMPUTER MOUSE
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Guides the pupils to identify the basic features of computer mouse.
1. Left click button
2. Right click button
3. Scroll button
USES OF COMPUTER MOUSE
1. It is used to move the mouse cursor.
2. It is used for selecting or moving texts, icons, files, and folders.
3. It is used for scrolling around a personal computer.
4. It is used for opening or executing a program.
5. It is used dragging and dropping.
6. It is used for copy and paste.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Displays a functional computer system for pupils to identify computer mouse as input device.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify and describe computer mouse.
3. Leads pupils to use computer mouse as stated above.
Pupil’s Activities –
- Observe teacher’s activity.
- Move and select text, icons, files, folders, etc. using computer mouse.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. identify computer mouse as an input device.
2. state the features of computer mouse .
3. move and select text, icons, files, folders, etc. with a computer mouse.