PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – BASIC MOVEMENT
PREVIOUS LESSON – Physical and Health Education (Primary 1)
TOPIC – MOVEMENT OF OUR BODY
1. Introductory Activities
2. Movement of Our Body
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. demonstrate correct movement patterns of shooting, heading, bending and stretching.
2. perform basic movement such as shooting, heading, bending and stretching.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
3. Talking drums
6. Textbooks, etc.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Displays a chart showing shooting, heading, bending and stretching for the pupils to observe and describe.
PERFORMING MATCH PASS, JOGGING AND GALLOPING
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Takes the pupils outside of the classroom, with the school’s compound to practice, demonstrate and perform patterns of movement such as –
Teacher’s Activities – Lets the pupils to the name of each activity carried out.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Explains and demonstrate the basic skills in shooting and heading.
Pupil’s Activities – Listen to teacher’s explanation.
3. Supervises and correct demonstration by pupils.
Pupil’s Activities – Observe teachers demonstration.
4. Demonstrate skills involved in bending and stretching.
Pupil’s Activities – Practice the basic skills taught.
5. Supervises the pupils and make corrections.
Pupil’s Activities – Practice shooting, bending and stretching.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. perform the skill of shooting and heading.
2. perform the skill of bending and stretching.