Last Updated on October 21, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – ELEMENTS OF SECURITY
PREVIOUS LESSON – Concept of Security – Meaning of Security (Primary 1)
TOPIC – FACTS ABOUT SECURITY
1. Introductory Activities
2. Facts about Security
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
state facts about security.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Textbooks, pictures on road accidents and fire outbreaks.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s Activities – Asks the pupils how can we prevent fire from burning and destroy life and prosperity. And use their idea to discuss facts about security.
FACTS ABOUT SECURITY
1. Do not play with fire.
2. Do not play with sharp objects.
3. Do not play on the roads.
4. Do not talk a stranger.
5. Do not take any from a stranger.
6. Do not follow a stranger, etc.
Teacher’s Activities – Discuss with the pupils, the consequences of playing with fire, play on the roads, etc.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Discuss facts about security.
Pupil’s Activities – Listen to the teacher and participate in the class discussion.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
state 3 facts about security.