Last Updated on October 24, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
NURSERY 1 – AGE 3
THEME – WRITING
PREVIOUS LESSON – Show and Tell – (Nursery 1- Age 3)
TOPIC – SHOW AND TELL
1. Introductory Activities
2. Sky Writing
3. Sand Tray Writing
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
write in the air and on sand tray.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – WRITING IN THE AIR
Teacher’s Activities – Writes in the air and gradually draw the children’s attention to what you are doing.
Pupil’s Expected Response – Imitate the teacher by write in the air.
LESSON 2 – WRITING ON SAND TRAY
Teacher’s Activities – Gets sand trays and guides pupils to write on sand tray.
Pupil’s Expected Activities – Writing on sand tray.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides pupils to sand tray writing.
Pupil’s Activities – Writing on sand tray.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – Revision and Examination
write in the Air and sand tray writing.