Last Updated on October 25, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
THEME – AGRICULTURE
PREVIOUS LESSON – Importance of Agriculture (Primary 1)
TOPIC – COMMON CROP PLANTS AROUND US
1. Introductory Activities
2. Common Crop Plants in the School Compound
3. Common Crop Plants at Home
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. identify and state common crop plants in the school’s compound.
2. identify and state common crop plants at home.
Crops – yams, rice, etc.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Chart showing agricultural crops.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s Activities – Displays chart showing different crop plants (for example – maize plant, paw paw plants etc. with their produce or fruits) for the pupils to identify as crops at home or in the school’s compound.
Note – If the crop plants are available in the school, take the pupils for recognition and Identification.
COMMON CROPS AROUND US
Listen and write on the board as identified by the pupils –
6. Vegetables, etc.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Asks pupils to name crop plants on the charts.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify and state crop plants round us.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. mention 5 crop plants in the school’s compound.
2. mention 5 crop plants at home.