Last Updated on November 6, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
THEME – GROOMING
PREVIOUS LESSON – Reasons for Keeping Hands and Feet Clean – When to Wash the Hands and Feet? (Primary 1)
TOPIC – THE BODY – HANDS AND FEET
1. Introductory Activities
2. Proper Ways of Caring for Hands, Feet and Nails
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
state the proper ways of caring for hands and feet.
Parts of the Body – Hands and Feet
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Illustrative chart or picture of body care.
2. Body care materials such as towels, brush, sponge, comb, body cream, etc.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s Activities – Lead the pupils to identify each part of the hands and feet, discuss and demonstrate how to proper ways of caring for hands and feet well cleaned.
Pupil’s Activities – identify each part of their hands and feet and participate in the discussion.
Teacher’s remark – Give the pupils a great cheer for active participation and consider much of their points.
PROPER WAYS OF CARING FOR HANDS AND FEET
1. Cut your fingernails.
2. Wash your hands with soap and water.
3. Dry your hands with clean towel.
4. Apply or put cream.
1. Cut your toe nails.
2. Wash your feet with soap and water.
3. Dry your feet with clean towel.
4. Apply or put cream.
WAYS OF CARING FOR THE NAILS
REASONS FOR KEEPING THE NAILS WELL TRIMMED AND CLEAN
1. It makes your nails beautiful and natural.
2. It prevents germs and dirt.
3. To avoid accidents.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Leads pupils to properly clean their hands, feet and nails.
Pupil’s Activities – Follow the teacher’s leads to properly care for the hands, feet and nails.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. demonstrate how to properly care for the hands, feet and nails.
state 4 ways of caring for the hands, feet and nails.
mention 2 ways of caring for the nails.
mention 2 reasons for keeping the nails well trimmed and clean.