Last Updated on May 24, 2021 by Alabi M. S.
SECOND TERM EXAMINATION
JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL (JSS 1)
Instruction: Fill the gaps with the most suitable word from the options A – D.
1. Technology is application of _______________.
(a) Romantic knowledge
(b) Scientific knowledge
(c) Spiritual knowledge
(d) Marital Knowledge
2. Which of the following benefits majorly from Technology?
3. _______________ is the practical application of the knowledge of science?
(b) Martial Arts
4. _______________ is the condition of being protected against harm, or accident.
5. Any harm or injury that is done to a student In the workshop or anywhere is called _______________.
6. _______________ is an area on the road with broad white stripes where vehicles must stop for pedestrians.
(a) Gorilla stripes
(b) White line area
(c) Zebra crossing
7. The materials used in technology includes the following except?
8. Hard woods are brought of out _______________ Trees.
9. _______________ is used for making furniture.
(a) Furniture wood
(c) Unbreakable wood
10. _______________ are called evergreen trees because they do not shed their leaves.
(a) Metallic Trees
(b) Summer Trees
11. Ceramics are non-metallic solids made by the action of _______________ and _______________.
(a) Salt and Water
(b) Cement and Glass
(c) Sand and Loamy soil
(d) Heat and Clay
12. Any material used for building is called a _______________.
(a) Building Material
(b) Construction Material
(c) Contractor Tools
13. All of the following are materials for building except?
14. Technical drawing is a universal language used to _______________ among technical people.
(c) Have fun
15. Lettering is the art of writing letters and numbers in _______________ / _______________ form on drawing
(a) Bold / Lower
(b) Alpha/ Beta
(c) Fine / Ugly
(d) Fraustrating / Interesting
ANSWER all questions.
A. What is Free Hand Sketching?
B. List 4 things that can be sketched using Freehand.
C. Explain in details how to sketch each item listed in (1b) above.
A. List 5 instruments used for Technical Drawing.
B. Briefly explain 3 of the instruments listed in (2a) above.
C. List 2 care of each drawing instruments listed in (2b) above.
A. List 7 materials used for building
B. List 1 use of each building material listed in (3a) above
Complete the statement to answer (3c) below:
C. To prevent building collapse, ensure _______________ in building construction.