RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
PRIMARY 1 – WEEK 8 | WEEK 9
PRIMARY 3 – WEEK 9
THEME – SOCIAL AND HEALTH ISSUES
PREVIOUS LESSON –
TOPIC – ELEMENTS OF CRIMINAL BEHAVIOURS
1. Meaning of Gang
2. Characteristics of A Gang
3. How to Avoid A Gang
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. identify gangs.
2. desist from joining gang.
Relationship with Strangers
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Chart showing bad gangs.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s activities – Tells pupils short story or creates activities that will enable pupils to identify a gang and how to avoid the group.
MEANING OF GANGS
A gang is a group of young people, who go around fighting, stealing, causing trouble, killing one another, etc. They are also known as a group of criminals.
CHARACTERISTICS OF A GANG
1. Dropout of school
2. drug and alcohol abuse
3. Teen parenthood
4. Committing crimes
6. Killing the innocent people
8. Poor relationships with family and friends.
HOW TO AVOID A GANG
Avoiding gang groups is to stay away from all activities of the gang. Ways to stay away from gang groups are –
1. Stay away from all gangs.
2. Avoid peer pressure.
3. Learn to be self satisfied.
4. Avoid conversations with strangers.
5. Complete your education – formal or informal education.
6. Get a job and earn living – remember, no food for a lazy man.
7. Manage your finances – always save for unknown, etc.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Organises class discussion on gangs.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in the discussion.
3. Guides pupil’s to identify the characteristics of bad gangs.
Pupil’s Activities – State the characteristics of bad gangs.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. explain the meaning of gang.
2. mention 5 characteristics of joining a gang.