BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL (JSS 1)
THEME: DRAWING PRACTICE
PREVIOUS LESSON – Care for Technical Drawing Instruments and Materials JSS 1 (Basic 7) – Basic Technology
TOPIC – BOARD PRACTICE
1. Introductory Activities
2. Board Practice I Setting Drawing Paper on the Board
3. Sharpening Pencil to Conical Point and Knife Edge
4. Sing the Tee and Set Squares for Drawing Boarder Lines and Other Horizontal and Vertical Lines
5. Revision and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, most of the students should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. correctly fix drawing sheet to the board.
2. correctly sharpen pencil to conical point and knife edge.
3. draw border line.
The students can identify drawing boards.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of drawing instruments and materials – Drawing board
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTION
MEANING/DEFINITION OF BOARD PRACTICE
Board practice can be defined as the best practice of using drawing board for technical drawing with appropriate technical drawing instruments and materials.
BASIC BOARD PRACTICE
Activity 1 – Setting drawing paper on the board.
Activity 2 – Sharpening pencil to conical point and knife edge.
LESSON 2 – BASIC BOARD PRACTICE
Activity 3 – Sing the tee and set squares for drawing boarder lines and other horizontal and vertical lines.
Note – Demonstrate and guide the students to practice the use of technical drawing board correctly.
LESSON 3 – REPEAT THE ABOVE ACTIVITIES
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the students some questions; then, the teacher –
2. demonstrates correct techniques/board practice.
3. emphasizes correct techniques and practices.
Student’s Activities – The students: watch teacher’s demonstration and techniques.
4. Summarizes the lesson on the board.
Student’s Activities – Copy as the teacher writes.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask students to correctly use drawing instruments and materials.