BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
TOPIC: Booting the Computer System
1. Meaning of Booting
2. Ways of Booting
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
1. explain the term booting.
2. list ways of booting.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Computer system.
2. Power source
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Booting is the starting of computer and loading the operating system. There are two types of booting – cold and warm booting.
TYPES OF BOOTING
1. old booting – This is starting a computer after switching it off for a while. That is, when the computer parts are cold, then press the power button to start again.
2. Warm booting – This is restarting a computer without switching it off.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Displays an already connected computer set.
Pupil’s Activities – Observe the connected computer set.
3. Explains what booting is.
Pupil’s Activities – Explain the meaning of booting.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. define booting.
2. state two ways of booting.