THEME – DISEASE
PREVIOUS LESSON – Causes of Diseases or Illness and Implications of Dirty Habits on Our Health and Environment (Nursery 1 – Age 3)
TOPIC – CARE FOR THE ILL
1. Introductory Activities
2. Care for the ill
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
say the care given to the ill.
Patients under care
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Pictures or chart showing patients under care
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s Activities – Shows the children picture of people under care and tell them how care are give to them.
CARE FOR THE ILL
1. ORT/SS solution, when necessary.
2. Give Foods and water.
3. Give first treatment.
4. Refer to the clinic.
Note – Teachers are advised not to administer medicines to pupils. Call their parents or guidance for further action. Parents are advised to keep their children at home for proper care if they are sick.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Shows chart of sick people and tells the children how care given to them.
Pupil’s Activities – Mention the care given to the sick people.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
mention 2 care given to the sick.